Monday, May 16, 2011

Matrilineal Monday

I am going to focus my first Matrilineal Monday post on the first female in my life-my mother, Jeanne Crowley.


The above picture was taken at the Grand Canyon in 2006

My mother is half Irish (County Cork and County Galway) through her father and half Acadian French through her mother. 

She was born in Woburn, MA, the second daughter and third child of John Timothy Crowley and Edna Margaret Roche.  She was educated at St. Charles Catholic School.  She married my father, Daniel Patrick Sullivan, Jr. in 1973 in Woburn, MA and had two children, my older brother Danny and myself (duh!)

My mother worked various secretarial jobs before she retired.  She looks forward to when my father retires so they can RV around the US.  She loves dogs, genealogy (but I do the work,) reading,  ghost stories and anything supernatrual.  She never considered herself Republican until 2000 but voted Republican the whole time.*

*This is not a political blog.  I have another blog for that.  I will not be ranting about politics here unless they impact genealogy such as laws that cut off access to records, etc.  However, my family is a political family so sometimes facts may come up or photos at political events may come up in this blog.  In fact, I look forward to a post when I can talk about my Grandma Sullivan and my political arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment